Be A Show Host
The Complete Training For Online TV/Radio Show Hosts
An 8-Week Course with Jody Colvard
Next Class March 2015
This is the complete Be A Show Host training. In this course, you’ll learn all facets of being an online TV and/or Radio show host. We’ll cover all aspects including concept development; recording and taping; attaining quality guests; voice preparation; video presentation; editing; product development; syndication and distribution; and how to get sponsors and advertisers. After completing this course, you’ll receive certification as an FMG Show Host.
Since this course is hands-on, and you’ll be creating actual content,
class size is limited to only 20 students.
What You Will Get From This Course:
- Your Concept: Show concept and action plan
- Your Vocals: Vocal presentation and interviewing skills
- Audio and Video Editing: basic editing, titles, effects, and transitions
- Lighting: 3-point interview lighting set-up
- Monetize Your Message: Blogging, tagging, distribution, product creation, and promotion
- Revenue Streams: Multiple revenue streams from TV and radio shows
- Revenue Opportunities: JV’s, sponsorships, and advertising opportunities
Lesson 1 – Your Audio/ Video Action Plan and Strategy
- Your Effective Elevator Statement: Explain what you do in 2 minutes or less!
- Marketing Your Mastery: Establish yourself as the expert.
- Choose Your Format: Learn how to schedule and automate your show so you don’t have to share hours of recordings to get your audience!
- Message Development: Step-by-step plan to develop a message you’re passionate about.
- Your Blueprint: Complete project exercises that show you how to create your best blueprint!
Lesson 2 – Prepare Your Voice
- Here is where most people get lost. However, in just minutes a day, you’ll learn how to deliver your right voice to the right audience
- Strengthen your voice
- Voice diction and articulation
- Voice Preparation: Learn what not to eat or drink before an interview, as well as warming up and tuning your voice
Lesson 3 – Record and Edit Your Audio For Radio
- Your Recording Tools: Which basic, inexpensive tools to use and how to use them
- Editing Made Easy: Simple, easy, quick fixes
- File Formats for Syndication: Learn the differences in audio files and what you need to create in order to make your message available everywhere
- Branding with music
Lesson 4 – The Interview Process
- Guests for your Show: Find and book quality guests for your show
- Introduction Templates and Waivers: Be prepared with the proper documentation for the interview and products developed from the interviews of your new show
- Your Interview Checklist: Learn how to conduct an interview, what questions to ask, and how to keep the conversation interesting
- 8 Steps to a Successful Talk Show
Lesson 5 – The Wonderful World of Video
- Learn the best cameras, lights, and resources for professional video
- Lighting: 3-point lighting set-up for interviews
- Audio for Video: Learn the most important aspects of video that are often overlooked. Also learn the best equipment to give your video a professional sound.
- Hair, Make-up and Wardrobe for Video
- Basic, corrective make-up applications for film
- What to wear, what not to wear, and why
Lesson 6 – Edit and Share Your Video
- Video Editing: Basic video editing, titles, effects, and transitions
- Learn the best resources for share your video
- File Formats: What are the best formats for generating multiple choices in downloading your content to mobile devices
Lesson 7 – Share Your Audio/ Video Through Social Networks and Search Engines
- Effective Blogging: How to write, upload, and circulate your message
- Your Show’s Cover Art
- Let Your Star Shine For All To See – iTunes Directories: Put yourself in front of over 44,000,000 viewers and listeners
- Breaking News On Blogs and Marketing Through Mobile Phones: Some methods are relevant right now. Others will be relevant in just a few years. Come learn to build your future today!
- Test Results: These are results from real-life marketing campaigns being conducted right now. Learn which methods work, which flop, and why.
- Automated Syndication: Learn how to syndicate your audio and video into the social networks.
Lesson 8: Audio/Video Profits: Converting Listeners to Customers
- Getting Your Audios/Videos Noticed
- Building an audience
- Podcasting as Performance Marketing
- Generate leads and drive them with a call to action to optin, interact or buy.
- 10 Revenue Streams Generating revenue streams from your audio & video
- Strategize and schedule the creation of info products directly from the audio and video that you create
- How to turn your blog page on the Internet into a powerful upsell and cross-sell tool, with a case study you’ve likely never seen before (I reserve this only for my special presentations)
- Acquiring Sponsorship and advertising dollars around your TV and. or Radio show